STN2100: Multiprotocol OBD to UART Interpreter IC
STN2100 is a 28-pin OBD to UART interpreter IC that provides bi-directional, half-duplex communication with all vehicle OBD-II legislated protocols. STN2100 is available at the same price as STN1110, yet has twice as much flash and four times as much RAM, allowing for more features to be included with future firmware updates. It provides an easy means of accessing vehicle data, including diagnostic trouble codes, MIL status, VIN, Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) information, In-use Performance Tracking (IPT), and hundreds of real-time parameters. To maintain compatibility with existing applications, the interpreter IC has full support for the ELM327 command set, while outperforming the original ELM327 IC in every category: stability, performance, and features.
- Better hardware. STN2100 is based on a modern 16-bit processor, which runs several times faster than its nearest competitor.
- Second-to-none data throughput. Gives you more data faster, up to 100% more samples per second.
- UART baud rates up to 10Mbps, 20 times faster than the fastest OBD protocol.
- Safe, secure bootloader. Reflash the firmware in the field, even over a poor quality link and avoid expensive product recalls.
- Fully compatible with ELM327 command set, ensuring out-of-the-box compatibility with the dozens of existing software applications.
- Extended “ST” command set provides access to enhanced functionality, without compromising compatibility.
- PowerSave mode with multiple sleep and wakeup triggers. Ideal for permanent in-vehicle setups, device can be left connected for extended periods of time without draining the battery.
- Perfect form factor for any application. STN2100 is available in the QFN28 package.
STN2100 supports the following protocols:
- all legislated OBD-II protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- non-legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765
- ISO 11898 (raw CAN)
- SAE J1939 OBD protocol used in heavy-duty vehicles
- Solid, field-tested software. STN2100 runs the same proven code that powers the popular OBDLink family of PC-based OBD interfaces. Thanks to its large user base, any problems are discovered and corrected quickly.
- Large OBD message buffer. STN2100 has over five times as much RAM as its nearest competitor, virtually eliminating BUFFER OVERFLOW errors.
- Automatic protocol detection algorithm is continuously fine-tuned to insure that STN2100 will connect to the widest array of vehicles, even those that do not fully conform to the OBD-II standard.
PowerSave Sleep/Wakeup Triggers
The diagram shows the various triggers available in the STN11xx family of ICs. Please refer to the STN11xx PowerSave Functionality documentation for more details.
Please contact us for additional inquires.
For small quantities, lead time is only a few days. For production level quantities, please allow 6-8 weeks lead time.
NOTE: STN21xx uses the same command set as STN11xx. Therefore, the following linked documents also apply to STN21xx ICs
STN1100 Family Reference and Programming Manual
STN11xx PowerSave Functionality
Firmware Update Specification for Devices with STN Bootloader